Friday, August 20, 2010

What inspires you?


Hello! I hope this finds you having a great Friday! Yesterday as I was making a treasury for Etsy, I couldn't help but notice all the amazing artists that we have in our midst daily! As I scrolled through to find that perfect picture to make the perfect treasury I felt myself getting ideas just scrolling through my head, and they wouldn't stop. Almost as if a faucet had been turned on and the lever broke. My favorite part was that none of the art that inspired me was "my art", it was just beautiful work.
Recently, I was asked what inspired me, and I said nature and the world around me, but I think yesterday what inspired me were other artists and all that is presented with that. Color, texture, beauty, etc. So next time you are feeling like you want to be inspired and you don't know where to find it, try walking through other artists shops, either online or in person, and see what happens!

Have a wonderful day everyone, stay creative and ask yourself: What inspires you?

4 comments:

senioritis said...

Color! Without a doubt one of the biggest things that inspires us is color. We often see something as we're walking around and say wow, what a cool color, let's use that color in a design. We're similarly inspired by textures too ;)

tomroche.etsy.com said...

Nice blog. I like you avatar with the blue color

Just Scraps N Things said...

Everyone on Etsy inspires me! I see new ideas everyday and it gives me such wonderful ideas. Too bad I don't have the time to do everything I want to do. :)

Cilicia said...

Thanks Tom!

Senoritis- Color and texture are huge for me!

Scraps- If there was enough time I think I would have more items on my etsy! lol